”Indigo children are seen to be born with special perception, special wisdom or special compassion.”
Lately there has been much talk of a ‘shift in energy in the planet’. You can see signs of this everywhere you look. On a local scale in my day to day conversations with people online and in person there is a general sense of people being more ‘awake’ or ‘aware’, people are starting to question the world around them and are doing so with open minds. On a more global scale there have been more spiritual and even political movements than ever before, millions of people have taken to the streets in countries like Egypt, Brazil and Turkey to name a few.Spiritual practices like yoga and meditation are spreading like wildfire with more and more people incorporating this into their lifestyle and understanding the importance of inner peace.
It seems our whole society and whole world is evolving, and much of this has been attributed to ‘Indigo Children’.
So what is an indigo child?
I feel that before we continue it’s important to understand that essentially everyone is an Indigo Child, it’s just that some of us are more acutely aware of this than others. There should be no spiritual elitism amongst us. Only an understanding that we are all one and are working towards the same goal of unity and peace.
According to Indigo Evolution, Indigos often sound very wise for their age; however, they are very sensitive physically, emotionally and spiritually, and not always comfortable in their own bodies. They easily experience sensory overload to lights, smells, sounds, touching and toxins, and need help in becoming grounded. Many Indigos have attention and social problems in school and may frequently correct the teacher. While their behaviors vary, their philosophy of life is consistent; they have a high level of social consciousness and desire to make the world a better place. They are here to bring the Dawn of the Golden Age!
To get a basic overview of what an Indigo child is, just watch this video Skip ahead to 5 Minutes in if you want to get straight into Indigo’s.
Basically here is in written form the basic traits of Indigo Children:
Highly intuitive, often psychic, emphatic, and sesensitive individuals with an internal “lie detector”. Wise beyond their years, these individuals are here to bring about the New Age of Peace. They are here to make big changes in the environment, government, and society so that the earth is a place of integrity. The lie detector that they have will help them to bring about these new changes. Indigo’s require a certain kind of environment to best enhance their gifts and abilities and are often labeled by society as “troublemakers” or “problem kids”. Here are some signs that your child is Indigo, as quoted by Doreen Virtue’s book “The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children”.
• Strong willed
• Born in 1978 or later (Please note though that there are MANY “Indigo Scout’s” who were born before this date. Indigo’s have been here since the beginning of time. So if you feel you are an Indigo and were born before this time, it is a definite possibility. There was just a great influx of these children starting in 1978).
• Creative, with an artistic flair for music, jewelry making, poetry etc.
• Prone to addictions
• An “old soul” as if they are 13, going on 43
• Intuitive or psychic, possibly with a history of seeing Angels or deceased people
• An isolationist, either through aggressive acting-out or through fragile introversion
• Independent and proud, even if they’re constantly asking you for money
• Possesses a deep desire to help the world in a big way
• Wavers between low self-esteem and grandiosity
• Bores easily
• Has probably been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD
• Prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares or difficulty/fear of falling asleep
• Has a history of depression, or even suicidal thoughts or attempts
• Looks for real, deep and lasting friendships
• Easily bonds with plants or animals
If you possess 14 or more of these traits you are an indigo. If 11 to 13, you’re probably an indigo in training. If you’re an adult with these traits you could be a “lightworker.”
What are the behavioral patterns of Indigos?
- They are born feeling and knowing they are special and should be revered.
- An indigo knows they belong here as they are and expect you to realize it as well.
- These children are more confident and have a higher sense of self-worth.
- Absolute authority, the kind with no choices, negotiation, or input from them does not sit well. The educational system is a good example.
- Some of the rules we so carefully followed as children seem silly to them and they fight them.
- Rigid ritualistic systems are considered archaic to an indigo child. They feel everything should be given creative thought.
- They are insightful and often have a better idea of method then what has been in place for years. This makes them seem like “system busters.”
- Adults often view an indigo as anti-social unless they are with other indigos. Often they feel lost and misunderstood, which causes them to go within.
- The old control methods like, “Wait till your father gets home,” have no affect on these children.
- The fulfillment of their personal needs is important to them, and they will let you know.
There has been some skepticism surround the whole ‘Indigo Child’ phenomenon and CNN even covered the subject in a 10 minute show which you can see below:
If you feel like you are an Indigo Child or even know Indigo Children it’s important to know how to nurture and support an Indigo Child:
Always try to Listen to them, and sometimes you may have to ‘read between the lines’ as often Indigo children can struggle to express themselves accurately with words.
It’s important to connect not just verbally but physically and this means good eye contact.
Indigo children will flourish most around other Indigo children so be sure to introduce them to others like them.
Always create a fun and creative environment where they can express themselves freely.
Always encourage a healthy diet with natural alternatives to conventional medicine.
Lot’s of fresh air and interaction with nature.
The important thing to take away from this article is we are ALL indigo children but some of us need more nurturing than others while others have been gifted with more natural talents than others.
Here is a fantastic documentary which explores the whole Indigo Evolution in much more detail. Enjoy!
And you can now get exclusive content sent to you directly on messenger by subscribing to us HERE.
Some of the information in this article was sourced from : Spiritual Growth Prophecies