The first time I ever listened to binaural beats, I swore I would never listen to them again. What they did to my mind, was some “next level shit,” and they scared the hell out of me. Since then, some time has passed, some growth has taken place, and now I find them to be rather resourceful.
What are binaural beats?
They are scientifically proven set audio sounds intended to entrain our brainwaves to reach the most powerful frequencies of the mind. They are able to influence the way that our brain resonates.
How do they work?
The human ear is not capable of hearing frequencies below 20Hz, however, this is where the most powerful brain frequencies live.
Binaural beats are achieved when two slightly different tones with a specific frequency are played at precisely the same time, in each ear. The ‘difference’ between these two tones creates a third ‘binaural tone’ which is perceived only by the mind. This perceived tone is what our brain resonates to.
For example, lets say you play 210Hz in your left ear and 209Hz in your right ear, after a few minutes, your brain will combine the two frequencies into a middle frequency of 9Hz. (9Hz has been proven to improve memory retention).
Synchronized brain waves have been associated with meditative and hypnotic states, and audio with embedded binaural beats has the ability to induce and improve such states of consciousness.
What are binaural beats used for?
- Sleep Induction
- Connection to higher self
- Lucid Dreaming
- Astral Projection (Crazy cool stuff)
- Self Hypnosis
- And much more!
How to use binaural beats:
- Binauaral beats MUST be listened to through headphones or you can forget it. Imagine your ears are the tunnels to your brainwaves. A good pair of stereo headphones are ideal but buds can work too if both speakers are working.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place where you will not be disturbed. You’ll want to avoid laying down because its really easy to fall asleep(unless of course that’s your intention). I find sitting up in a comfortable chair with my eyes closed works best. However, focusing on the flickering of a candle can work too.
- Have an open mind. Passively listening to binaural beats may not allow you to enter an altered state of consciousness. Before you listen to the sounds, set an intention of the experience you want to have. Tell your brain the kind of experience you want and believe in your heart that you will have it. This helps in expanding your mind.
- Clear your mind and put your focus on the sounds of the beats. Though, binaural beats will help you to deepen your meditation, they still require a little effort from yourself.
- Have patience. Your brain needs to listen to the sounds for at least 7 minutes before it starts to resonate with the frequency. If you have a stubborn mind, the beats make take longer to resonate.
Where can I find binaural beats?
BinauralBrains.com are pretty legit and they offer free downloads with a request to donate if you find their beats useful.
You can listen to binaural beats on YouTube, though some of the YouTube videos have the word “warning” in capital letters, so proceed with caution, but enjoy the ride! (It was one of these videos that really took my mind for a spin)
You can also download binaural beats apps to your phone and try different ones out. I have used Giorgio Regni’s binaural beats therapy app and found it to be pretty effective. He has some really cool choices to pick from and each one explains its intended use and how long it lasts for.
Binaural Beats Explained | Brain Power | Increase Performance | Induce Relaxation- Thomas DeLauer
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.
If we have added value to your life and you want to support us and become more involved with what we do you can now become an
You can follow us on Instagram HERE
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel HERE.