For more people family represents so many positive things like love, unity and strength. However, in the real world of course we all know that this, in most cases is simply not the case. Lots of people find themselves outcast by their family.
Most families seem to have unwritten rules – you need to have the same outlooks, beliefs and goals and you need to fit in or you will be labelled as ‘The Black Sheep’ of the family.
If this sounds like something you do or have experienced then you will recognize many or all of these signs.
1. If you ever done anything that was completely unorthodox in the eyes of your family then they will have been left bewildered and most likely question where your ideas came from as they could not possibly have come from them.
2. If you have completely different aspirations from those of your family then you will be looked upon as rocking the boat and taking unnecessary risks with your future. If your family has a history of doctors or lawyers then there is a strong chance these professions will bore the crap out of you and you will most likely be attracted to things that are completely opposite in nature.
3. If your family traditionally Christian, Muslim or Jew then there is a good chance that over time you will have found yourself more drawn towards spirituality. Some of your interests may be New Age, Metaphysics, Atheism and even the path of the humanist! You are the type of person who would never blindly follow a path just because it’s expected. In short you always have and always question everything, for you the search will never end.
4. Being fixed in their ways, your family will never truly accept you for your unique weirdness. No matter how hard you try. Forget about it and move on.
5. As a child, you may have been considered to be difficult, uncontrollable and hardheaded. Stubbornness ran rife. Authority was never a thing for you and you would never just do things because they were expected of you. Your view? “Just because they’re adults doesn’t mean they know best!”
6. Did you ever feel like you were born into the wrong family? Did things ever feel out of sync as a child? Even into your teens, there may have been a rift between you and the rest of your family. Subconsciously, you may even feel like your life experience is more of a karmic lesson. Dreaming of the day you could just up and leave, you wish to only see them when necessary as an adult.
7. You tend to say things and express opinions in a way that may leave your family in dismal confusion. Many family members may be wondering what next will come out of your mouth, wishing that you would just agree and move on, which of course, is NOT a possibility.
8. Your family seem to merely tolerate you, being a relationship described as cordial at best. They somewhat include you in their lives, as it’s expected.
9. I can be pretty certain that at some point your family have warned or even threatened you not to embarrass them. Unfortunately for them you simply don’t care and will do what you feel is right with no shame whatsoever.
10. You are one of the crazy ones … a rebel, an icon to those who yearn to break free from their family structure, you are their role model. Don’t ever forget this!
Remember, you are the one with the balls to stand up and break away from a calcified, amoebic family. You not only walk your own path but you blaze a trail and inspire others to break free.
Celebrate life and be proud of always striving to be the best version of you that you can possible be. Keep shining your light and waking people up along the way.