German retailer Aldi has announced that as of January 1st they will be removing 8 pesticides from all products on its U.S. stores shelves.
The food chain is making a name for itself as a health-focused supermarket in recent times. With low prices AND a focus on health, Aldi is gaining a reputation as the food conscious shoppers go-to store.
The pesticides being removed are:
- They are expanding their organic food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from products and adding more gluten-free items.
- They have removed certified synthetic colors, partially hydrogenated oils, and MSG from their private-label products (which make up 90% of sales).
- They have expanded their sales of fresh and organic meat and produce, including the “Never Any!” brand of meats that contain no added antibiotics, hormones, animal by-products or other additives.
- The chain will also expand the SimplyNature line (which is free of more than 125 artificial ingredients) and their gluten-free liveGfree brand.
- Their milk was free of artificial growth hormones, but now its yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other dairy products will be as well.
- They have begun to offer more high-end foods like artisan cheeses, smoked salmon, quinoa, and coconut oil.
There are currently 1,500 Aldi stores in the U.S and the plan to open 500 more by 2018. With such a strong focus on health, they are set to become the leader in health supermarkets.Business Insider said:
The grocery chain is expanding organic-food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from its products, and adding more gluten-free items in hopes of attracting more health-conscious shoppers.
Neonics are systemic pesticides and they are one of the newest types of insecticide, used mostly in the last 20 years to control a variety of pests, especially sap-feeding insects, such as aphids on cereals, and root-feeding grubs.
Aldi Sells Organic Food? – At Half The Price?
Follow Us :
Animals6 months ago
German Circus Uses Holograms Instead Of Live Animals For A Cruelty-Free Magical Experience
Environment1 month ago
Bars In Italy Are Starting To Use Pasta Straws To Reduce Plastic Waste
Nature2 years ago
A woman photographed ancient trees for 14 years, and here are the results
Environment2 weeks ago
Forest Garden With 500 Edible Plants Requires Only a Few Hours of Work Per Month
Meditation9 months ago
1 Million Children Get Together And Meditated For World Peace In Thailand
Science & Technology2 years ago
If You’re Annoyed By Others Chewing, You May Be A Genius
Environment1 week ago
Swedish Couple Builds Greenhouse Around Home to Stay Warm and Grow Food All Year Long
Animals9 months ago
The Zoo That Puts People In Moving Cages While Animals Roam Free