German retailer Aldi has announced that as of January 1st they will be removing 8 pesticides from all products on its U.S. stores shelves.
The food chain is making a name for itself as a health-focused supermarket in recent times. With low prices AND a focus on health, Aldi is gaining a reputation as the food conscious shoppers go-to store.
The pesticides being removed are:
- They are expanding their organic food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from products and adding more gluten-free items.
- They have removed certified synthetic colors, partially hydrogenated oils, and MSG from their private-label products (which make up 90% of sales).
- They have expanded their sales of fresh and organic meat and produce, including the “Never Any!” brand of meats that contain no added antibiotics, hormones, animal by-products or other additives.
- The chain will also expand the SimplyNature line (which is free of more than 125 artificial ingredients) and their gluten-free liveGfree brand.
- Their milk was free of artificial growth hormones, but now its yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other dairy products will be as well.
- They have begun to offer more high-end foods like artisan cheeses, smoked salmon, quinoa, and coconut oil.
There are currently 1,500 Aldi stores in the U.S and the plan to open 500 more by 2018. With such a strong focus on health, they are set to become the leader in health supermarkets.Business Insider said:
The grocery chain is expanding organic-food brands, removing some artificial ingredients from its products, and adding more gluten-free items in hopes of attracting more health-conscious shoppers.
Neonics are systemic pesticides and they are one of the newest types of insecticide, used mostly in the last 20 years to control a variety of pests, especially sap-feeding insects, such as aphids on cereals, and root-feeding grubs.
Aldi Sells Organic Food? – At Half The Price?
Follow Us :
- Inspirational1 week ago
Note to the World: This Virus Could Save the Planet
- Art1 week ago
Famous Logos Are Practicing Social Distancing in Artist’s Re-Imaging and Design
- Meditation1 week ago
Ritual for New Moon in Aries: Healing Wounds & Burning Anew in Times of Uncertainty
- Inspirational1 week ago
3 Blessings That Prove There’s A Bright Side to the Virus
- Around The World7 days ago
Taiwan Is Beating The Coronavirus. Can The Rest Of Us Do The Same?
- Inspirational4 days ago
101-Year-Old Italian Man Recovers From Virus Giving Hope to Patients Worldwide
- Healthy Living4 days ago
Dogs Are Training to Detect Virus & Join Fight Against Pandemic
- Inspirational1 day ago
NY Man Wins ‘Quarantined Cutie’ Neighbor Over in Modern ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Exchange