September brings us the Virgo New Moon on the 19th and the Equinox on the 22nd, making it the perfect time to check in with yourself and the energy that surrounds your life.
Life is always a dance between the highs and the lows, but the more you can keep your inner world centered, the easier and more peaceful your life will feel.
One of the main ways to find peace from within is learning to let things go. Many of us carry around hurts, pains and traumas for far too long and this can take a toll on our body, mind and soul.
Every so often, when strong cosmic forces come together like a New Moon and an Equinox, we can use this energy to make subtle or strong shifts in our lives.
In order to step into this energy and to really feel the loving and guiding support from the cosmos, we have to learn to let go and release all that is weighing us down. We have to let go of outdated thoughts, feelings and pains and surrender to the present.
With this cosmic energy, it is the perfect time to release and let go, and it seems that Mother Earth is also doing the same.
In the Northern Hemisphere the Equinox symbolises the start of Autumn, a time where all of nature has to surrender and allow the dead leaves to drop. This important cycle of “death” is necessary in order to recharge and make way for the new.
In the Southern Hemisphere the Equinox symbolises the start of Spring, where all of nature has to surrender in order to bloom. For the buds to open they have to let go and trust in the timing.They have to allow themselves to be birthed open into the world.
No matter where you live, there is a strong energetic theme this September of letting go and relieving yourself of any baggage so you can get back in balance.
This ritual is designed to help you do just that while also nurturing and nourishing your mind, body and soul.
Equinox and New Moon Ritual
You will need:
- Pen and Paper
- Smudging tool of your choice (sage, incense or palo santo)
1.) Begin by smudging your aura and your surroundings. You can find further instructions on how to do this here.
As you cleanse your energy, you can use the following mantra or write your own- “I cleanse my body/space of all energy that is no longer needed and replace it with energy that is only for my highest good.”
2.) Once you have cleansed yourself and your surroundings, find a quiet space where you cannot be disturbed. Light your candle and then sit and breathe deeply for a few minutes. Try to still your mind and your heart. If it helps to count, you can do 10 deep breaths in and out.
3.) Take your pen and paper and begin writing down all the things that you would like to release. You can go into as much detail as you like or you can simply write dot points. If you prefer, you can also talk through what you would like to release if you prefer to verbalize rather than write.
4.) From what you have written, try to summarise what you want to release or let go of into one sentence. You can also include in this same sentence what you would like to bring in to your life to replace it. Here are some examples –
- “Even though I love…..I am ready to release them/it and welcome peace into my life”
- “I am no longer going to hold onto….I am ready to let go and experience joy”
- “I release all that no longer serves me and welcome in energy that is only for my highest good”
- “It is no longer my responsibility to carry…..I now release this weight to the heavens”
- “I clear myself and release myself from….I am now free to be at peace”
5.) Once you have chosen or written your own statement/mantra, you are going to begin “tapping” the emotions out of your body. If you are interested to learn how tapping or EFT works you can learn more about it here.
Here’s how to get started-
- Step 1: Take your two fingers and with both hands begin tapping on your forehead in between your eyebrows, just at the top of your nose. Tap here lightly while repeating your chosen mantra three times.
- Step 2: Using the same technique begin tapping on your temple area just near the corner of each of your eyes. Again, repeat your mantra three times.
- Step 3: Now tap under your eyes near the top of your cheek bones and repeat your mantra three times.
- Step 4: Now take both your hands and tap under your nose, again repeat the mantra three times.
- Step 5: Then tap your chin, just under your lips and again repeat the mantra three times.
- Step 6: Now tap right under your collar bones, again repeat the mantra three times.
- Step 7: Lift up one arm and tap underneath your armpit (near the bra line area), say your mantra three times and then repeat on the other side.
- Step 8: Hold up one hand and tap in the gap between your ring and pinky finger while repeating your mantra. Then repeat on the other hand.
*Note: if you feel sensitive or sore in any area you are tapping it could be because you have stored emotions in that area. Keep gently tapping on this area as long as you need. You may also need to repeat this tapping sequence for a few days.
6.) Shake out your hands and your body and then repeat the tapping sequence again three times. You should begin to feel at peace and more and more relaxed each time you do it. You may also feel emotions bubbling to the surface that need to be released.
7.) Once you have completed the tapping, take your writing and rip it up as a symbol that it has now been released.
8.) Now, take a moment to write down all the things that you wish to welcome in your life now that you have released and let go of the past. Again, you can write as much or as little detail as you like. You can keep this new piece of writing to reflect back on at any time.
8.) To close the ritual, smudge yourself one more time using the following mantra- “I am now lifted to my highest vibration”. Then you can snuff out your candle.
Happy Equinox and New Moon!
Source: Conscious Reminder