We all know Jon Bon Jovi for his music, but few of us are aware of the awesome things he does for those less fortunate. The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation was founded in 2006 and it’s aim is supporting community efforts to break the cycle of poverty and homelessness. One of the biggest things he has done is open a community restaurant, where patrons don’t need to pay for what they eat!
October 2011 saw the first JBJ Soul Kitchen open it’s doors around the Red Bank area in New Jersey, while in 2016 another branch opened up near Toms River/
Anyone who visits these restaurants can do so without shame or fear of being judged. The menus have no prices, however, those who can afford to, are encouraged to make a $20 donation. Those who are homeless and without work can also volunteer at the restaurant.
The restaurants website says it’s served more than 105,893 meals, 54% of those meals were paid for with donations and the rest 46% were earned by volunteering.
Meals served at JBJ Soul Kitchen are healthy and nutritious, much of the produce used is grown in their very own organic garden.
On January 21, 2019, the restaurant offered free meals to government workers and family members who were affected by the federal government shutdown.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.
If we have added value to your life and you want to support us and become more involved with what we are doing you can now become an
You can follow us on Instagram HERE
Follow Us :
- Animals8 months ago
German Circus Uses Holograms Instead Of Live Animals For A Cruelty-Free Magical Experience
- Nature2 years ago
A woman photographed ancient trees for 14 years, and here are the results
- Environment4 months ago
Bars In Italy Are Starting To Use Pasta Straws To Reduce Plastic Waste
- Animals11 months ago
The Zoo That Puts People In Moving Cages While Animals Roam Free
- Environment3 months ago
Forest Garden With 500 Edible Plants Requires Only a Few Hours of Work Per Month
- Meditation11 months ago
1 Million Children Get Together And Meditated For World Peace In Thailand
- Science & Technology2 years ago
If You’re Annoyed By Others Chewing, You May Be A Genius
- Environment1 year ago
Costa Rica Plans To Be The First Plastic-Free AND Carbon-Free Country In The World By 2021