We are living in a very interesting time, one in where we have a ‘ministry of truth’ that now tells us what is and what’s They hold a tremendous amount of power and resources. Google seems to be part of this ministry, and they are playing their part in censoring, demonetizing, and hiding information for whatever reason they choose.
One of the most recent examples was with regards to one of the top natural health/health awareness websites in the world, Mercola.com. They like many other have been censored by Google as well as their other social media platforms for simply sharing information. This is why there’s been such a controversy around the freedom of speech topic within the past couple of years.
Why do we have to have ‘fact checkers’ determining what is real and what is fake for the population? Is the population not capable of doing this on their own? Who are these ‘fact checkers?’
Alternatives To Google & Why
All this said, when you search for things on Google, you will see what Google wants you to see, and it will shape the narrative by which you see your world. It will also push you to search for certain things over others. Just start typing something in and see what comes up.
As per an admission from Google executive Jen Gennai, this is because Google is trying to draw a line in the sand and tell people what’s right and what’s wrong in our world. You can learn more about her statements here.
Being a researcher myself, the amount Google has changed over the past 10 years is pretty crazy, and it’s not longer a useful neutral search engine as many sources of information have been completely blocked by their algorithms.
Many people are curious to compare for themselves to see if there really is any difference at all in search results. Here is a great list of alternatives you can try instead of Google. It’s interesting to compare search topics and see what comes up compared to Google:
Here are ten alternatives to Google search:
- StartPage – StartPage gives you Google search results, but without the tracking (based in the Netherlands).
- Searx – A privacy-friendly and versatile metasearch engine that’s also open source.
- MetaGer – An open source metasearch engine with good features, based in Germany.
- SwissCows – A zero-tracking private search engine based in Switzerland, hosted on secure Swiss infrastructure.
- Qwant – A private search engine based in France.
- DuckDuckGo – A private search engine based in the US.
- Mojeek – The only true search engine (rather than metasearch engine) that has its own crawler and index (based in the UK).
- YaCy – A decentralized, open source, peer-to-peer search engine.
- Givero – Based in Denmark, Givero offers more privacy than Google and combines search with charitable donations.
- Ecosia – Ecosia is based in Germany and donates a part of revenues to planting trees.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.
You can follow us on Instagram HERE
Follow Us :
- Animals7 days ago
Wild Animals Are Strutting Down All of Your Favorite Cities & Living Their Best Life
- Earth7 days ago
As Above, So Below—Virus Lockdown Has Dramatically Slowed Earth’s Seismic Activity
- Inspirational1 week ago
NY Man Wins ‘Quarantined Cutie’ Neighbor Over in Modern ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Exchange
- Inspirational1 week ago
People Are Filling Little Free Libraries With Essentials Like Toilet Paper & Canned Goods
- Meditation4 days ago
Wisdom From the Harmonic Convergence to the Collective As One Million Gather in 444 Portal Activation Meditation (WATCH)
- Inspirational7 days ago
Burning Man Community Teams Up to Donate Masks and Essentials to Hospitals in Need