“Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”― Corrie ten Boom.
Anxiety is a very complicated concept and idea. The causes aren’t obvious which makes it harder to find solutions. Not all symptoms line up and produce a finely calculated inference. Also, it may take years or months to decipher the causes, symptoms and solutions. Sometimes your reactions may not match with the established medical study…
HOW DO PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS LIKE THESE HAPPEN?
Well, it is difficult to pin point one single incidence of your life as the sole reason for anxiety issues, bipolar diseases or PTSD et al. Usually psychological problems can be mapped onto plural incidences, and by mapping your psychological issues you get nearer to the solution. Sometimes the causes aren’t obvious at all and your therapist may even not ask you about tiny details. Their focus could be the problem but not the root of it.
Here are 7 underlying causes that may be responsible for your anxiety:
1. Physical ailments: Digestive disorders,migraines, diabetes and cardiac issues sometimes can be the cause and symptoms of anxiety disorder. In such cases, the body physically incurs ailments as a result of anxiety. This may also work in reverse fashion. Due to some ailments one develops anxiety disorder and further worsen their physical condition.
“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.”― Charles Haddon Spurgeon.
2. Emotional abuse: This is the hardest to detect. No one can see the abuse except the victim and mostly the victim believes it’s a form of ‘tough love’. Manipulation, coercion, control and intimidation are some of the ways in which this abuse works. Even if the victim free themselves of the abuse, they need a lot of time to heal and can be anxious around humans. The victims inculcate a general propensity for anxiety and have profound trust issues in life.
“The scars from mental cruelty can be as deep and long-lasting as wounds from punches or slaps but are often not as obvious.”― Lundy Bancroft
3. Lack of purpose and drive: I have personally suffered from this one and honestly this may seem inconsequential but can mess you up really bad. Usually when a person lacks a long term goal or a purpose to kickstart the morning, they start getting agitated. This can surely result in an anxiety disorder. For any person to feel motivated and inspired it is a necessity to have purpose and drive.4. Empathy: The need to be empathetic and thinking of others way too much can also lead to anxiety. Due to your own emotional intelligence, you become open to criticism and may suffer from social anxiety. Empathetic people have soft hearts which make them prone to vulnerabilities.
5. Medications: Certain types of medicines causes anxiety disorders, especially asthma medications may cause anxiety or make anxiety symptoms worse. Even those common cold medicines sometimes are the cause of anxiety, making heart rate increase and cause breathing problems too.
6. Genetics: Even if none of the above happens with you, there is also a chance that you could be pre-dispositioned to suffer from anxiety. It has to do with your genes. Though it is not set in stone, some people may inherit mental disorders and some may not.
7. Substance abuse: This can be a serious cause for anxiety disorders and mental illness. Anxiety can stem from long term alcohol and drug abuse.
This list is long but not wholly exhaustive. Anxiety can be mapped onto many more explanations and differ from individuals.
However, if detection of cause is right on time, its easier to lessen the magnitude and harm.
Source: Simple Capacity
If you enjoyed this article please SHARE it.
You can follow us on Instagram HERE
And if you haven’t already please help us reach 3 million Facebook fans by following us HERE
My Name is Kasim Khan and I am the founder of Educate Inspire Change. I have just returned from a 1 week stay at the world’s first medically licensed plant medicine retreat, it’s called Rythmia and is in the beautiful country of Costa Rica. During this week I had the most profound and transformational experience of my life and it’s not only me . . .over 95% of people who embark on this journey at Rythmia reports that they too had a life changing miracle. This magical place had such a profound effect on me that I am now dedicating my time to sharing this healing opportunity of a lifetime with you all.