A photograph that captures wildlife is primarily about conservation. Adding an element of humor gives it a more humane but unpretentious perspective. Humorous wildlife photography takes a light-hearted view of what is primarily a serious subject.
The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards has revealed the top 40 photographs from the 2019 finalists. Each one of the images is a priceless depiction of the lighter side of life in the animal kingdom. The photo-contest is in association with the charity, The Born Free Foundation.
This wildlife photography contest was founded by Paul Joynson-Hicks and Tom Sullivan 5 years ago. Both are passionate conservationists and leading photographers. This contest is about projecting the serious subject of conservation of wildlife in an entertaining manner. It thus both entertains and addresses the concerns of conservationists that one day these animals may be seen only in pictures.
Apart from the funny side, there are also serious tips on conservation like saving water and avoiding palm oil. These little steps go a long way in protecting the animals that bring us so much joy.
The final announcement of the winners is slated for November 13, 2019. The winner gets an exciting 1-week safari in the Masai Mara with Alex Walker. There is also an exquisite trophy from Art Garage, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Here is the collection of the funniest 20 pictures that are sure to tickle your funny bone!
1. That was a good joke!
2. Dancing solves most of our problems…..except humans
3. Do I show dad my report card?…or get mom to sign it?
4. Spare me the sarcasm
5. It takes two to tango
6. Well, darling, I’m dressed up for the party.
7. If wishes were horses…
8. Here comes the loan shark
9. Like they say “conserve water and shower with a friend.”
10. Surfing without my board
11. We all have our bad hair days
12. Me and my big mouth
13. Lucy wants me to join the gym
14. Just practicing the figure 8
15. Setting the dance floor alight
16. Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane/ Don’t know when I’ll be back again
17. Hope Sarah loves white
18. Do I invest in shares or mutual funds?
19. Oh my! I’m getting featured!
20. Here’s where we part ways
If you enjoyed these images from the wildlife photography contest, please let us know in the comments!
Image Credit: Various Photographers.
If you enjoyed this article please SHARE it.
You can follow us on Instagram HERE
And if you haven’t already please help us reach 3 million Facebook fans by following us HERE